As a growing community-based nonprofit organization, the Newport String Project seeks to add a part-time administrator to help us build, improve on, and manage our systems. This is a 10-month position, September 2018—June 2019, with the possibility of extension and increased commitment.
We’re looking for someone who can help us with…
- Building and managing a system for organizing our individual donor cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgement processes
- Supporting public event promotion
- Managing our finances
- Event set-up and on-site support
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Other administrative support, as needed
Ideally, you are interested in helping us grow as an organization by building systems that will make our administrative work more effective and efficient.
What’s important to us…
- Commitment to the mission of the Newport String Project
- Ease with technology; QuickBooks experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort working in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, including working primarily remotely (must have own computer and reliable Internet access)
- Knowledge of Newport community
- Relevant experience in a small non-profit or community-based organization
- Experience with arts, education, community development, social justice a plus
- A feature of this position is a part-time flexible work schedule that ebbs and flows in accordance with the scheduled program activities, closely following the academic year. The position requires a variable number of weekly hours between September and June, with occasional weekend and evening hours at concerts and events in and around Newport. We are prepared to pay a rate commensurate with your experience for an average of 10 hours per week.
For further details, please click HERE.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org