Ah January! A time for resolutions, fresh beginnings and … gratitude!
A huge thank you to all the supporters who made year-end gifts to the Newport String Project. The program is fortunate enough to have the backing of key funders including the Prince Charitable Trusts, the Newport County Fund and Newport Fed – however, the support of generous individuals like you will help us bring the program to the next level.
You may be wondering “where will my gift go?” Here are just a handful of examples: ways that contributions of all sizes make a real difference.
- $10 – helps us with glamorous essentials like photocopying and paperclips and also ensures that our students have a wide range of colorful art supplies for our Paper Violin Workshop.
- $25 – enables us to keep one student’s violin or viola in tip-top shape for a whole year: fresh strings, rosin and bowhair for all of our students…
- $50 – helps us get the word out about what we do by covering costs like website and publicity materials
- $100 – helps us raise the roof with one of our community barndances!
- $500 – brings professional performances by resident and guest musicians to the community.
- $1000 and beyond - Gifts like these are ones that help secure a bright future for the program. It transforms the big ambitions for the Newport String Project – like staff expansion and a string quartet for Newport – into an achievable reality.
These are only a few examples but it’s clear to see how contributions of all sizes make a real difference. We appreciate every single one, thank you!